Controls Software Engineer
Job Order #1405
My Grand Rapids, MI client is seeking a Software Engineer - Web Developer to join the Controls Software Development group to design, develop, and support the web application that interfaces with our real-time linear controls software. The candidate will utilize multiple object-oriented and web development languages to create a solution using industry best practices, tools and development methods. Successful candidates will have strong web design and architecture skills to lead the implementation of the new product, as well as be able contribute to the maintenance or our real-time controls software.
You will also need to work closely and effectively with other engineering and software groups to provide customer and troubleshooting support during on-site implementation phases.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
• 3+ years of experience with an object-oriented language; strong competence with object-oriented concepts and design.
• Strong understanding of web development best practices and design patterns.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
Experience in any of the following areas is preferred:
• Controls software experience
• Development of large software systems
• Unix/Linux environments
No remote, contract/ C2C or sponsorship is available for this position. Must be authorized to work in the US without expiration and willing to work and live in Grand Rapids, MI.