Sr. Electrical Controls Engineer
Job Order #1420
My Grand Rapids, Michigan client is in need of a Electrical Controls Engineer to join their team. This position will play a major role as part of the Controls Standards team. The Controls Standards team is responsible for developing hardware, software, electrical and systems standards. Also, you will provide support to the department through technical design reviews, training and application assistance. You will provide technical leadership to the department. You will play a lead role in the department for safety of machinery and functional safety overall. You will advise the department on designs and compliance.
Skills for this position should include:
• 10+ years of successful experience in a related field with successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge.
• Strong knowledge of technical methods, principles and practices.
• Providing technical guidance to other engineers.
• Have strong leadership skills and have the ability to mentor and train others.
• Effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Ability to travel up to 20%.
• Knowledge in the following areas: distributed controls architectures, machine safety, power, testing, analysis and prototyping.
• Experience performing safety risk analysis, including arc flash analysis.
• Experience applying control measures and electrical safety designs based upon hazard analysis.
No remote, contract/ C2C or sponsorship is available for this position. Must be authorized to work in the US without expiration.